Received all the bits and pieces back from the platers. One batch in clear passivated zinc, another batch in black. I’ve spent a couple of hours tonight trying to sort things out and find some key things. As expected, I think I’m missing a couple of bits that have probably fallen out in the tumbler but I’ve gone a bit cross eyed looking so they might be hiding behind themselves in the boxes somewhere.
I put together the tie rods and castor rods, and put together one of the front suspension assemblies roughly just to check that I can identify all the bolts and nuts. Ignore the upside down lower ball joint, I realised that after I took this photo.
This is the first tiny bits of real reassembly I’ve done on this project, so it’s really nice – and great to work on clean parts. I need to put together the suspension over the next few weeks so that it can be bolted back to the chassis after paint and the car can be moved back to my workshop.
For reference, the plating was done at Electromech in South Dandenong (03) 9768 2822. I chose them based on a recommendation, and I’m quite happy with the result given the state of what I gave to them. I don’t have a lot to compare with though – it’s the first time I’ve had parts plated.