Here’s a big update of about 3-4 weeks work done. I missed one weekend, then went to Sam’s workshop last week but forgot my camera and the iPhone just wouldn’t cut it.
- There’s some awkward rot in the right hand guard, so we decided to get a new one.
- Because this has to be done, we decided to change over the whole front panel, and the panel above the radiator which had previously been poorly repaired.
- I’ve sourced a couple of very very good doors (thanks Phil!)
- Blasting was done around the engine bay and radiator crossmember, and under the front and rear guards.
- Rear arch repair sections have been done.
- Repairs have been done to the rear side window sills.
- Front left-hand shocker bracket replaced.
- A fix made to a previous poor repair on the passenger seat bracket.
- Left-hand outer sill is almost done.
So I’m going to have some excess panels – the front valance I originally bought, RH front guard repair section, and possibly door skins. Hopefully they will come in handy for someone.
April 16, 2011
The panel shop are doing a good job on your car. I might need lefthand door skin if you have one over.
April 18, 2011
great work Evan. Thank you for documenting it for all to enjoy. I am working on my 1st alfa a 1974 gtv2000 over in the US. Keep up with the updates.